Sunday, December 7, 2008

Parade Perch


We were lucky enough to wrangle the perfect Fredericksburg Christmas parade viewing spot for the second year in a row, looking out the second story window of a friend's apartment on Caroline Street, near the corner of Amelia. The colder the weather, the more I appreciate being an indoor spectator, and it was definitely cold on Saturday night. I shared my window seat with a 6-year old who was even more excited about the parade than I was, and we had a blast. The lightest possible snowfall, the first of the year, added a little extra sparkle to the air. And I discovered my new favorite holiday drink: Cocoa with Bailey’s. Maybe if I ply my family with enough spiked cocoa, I’ll finally get them to sing Christmas carols around the hearth with me.

No comments: