Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crazy Weather



I’ve heard of the proverbial golfball-sized hail, but I can’t remember ever seeing it up close until tonight. I always assumed it was a bit of an exaggeration. Turns out, not really. It’s been storming for two days now, and this evening, I grabbed a few of these hailstones from the yard, just for the record, and one of them is definitely golfball-sized. I’d call the others walnut-sized. Needless to say, my nearly-new-but-ungaraged car took some hits. My poor car has little indentations all over it, first from acorns in the fall, and now hail. They're not that noticeable unless I point them out, but still. As my mother says, “Too much nature.”

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

That was certainly pretty crazy last night - glad you collected some evidence!