Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day



I can't tell you how happy I was today. Giddy, really. I am honored to be represented by this man as my president. Barack Obama is just so reasonable and intelligent. A progressive thinker. Heck, a thinker of any kind in the White House is such a welcome change. I couldn't get enough of the inauguration coverage over these past few days. Although I had to work today, I wasn't far from a TV, and was able to catch all the big moments.

We decided to head downtown this evening to see if we could find a little post-inauguration hubbub, but we found neither hub nor bub. The streets were quiet. So we stopped at Hyperion, where I got this perfect gingerbread latte.



Now I'm back home to catch some inaugural ball coverage. Finally, the suspense about Michelle's dress is over. Very pretty, but she seemed to have to adjust the train too often. A bit too long, and kind of fussy for a long night of dancing. But definitely Smithsonian-worthy.

No comments: