Thursday, January 8, 2009

Knitter's Cottage



I’m not a knitter, but my mom is, so while she was visiting over the holidays, we stopped in at the Knitter’s Cottage on William St. It was my first time in the bungalow-turned yarn shop, and it is a little gem. A group of women were knitting convivially at a round table in the front room, and the shop had a very friendly atmosphere. I don’t have the patience for knitting (my lack of patience seems to be an on-going theme), but I loved seeing all of the bright skeins of yarn, the colorful notions, and the beautiful hand-knit pieces on display. If you are a knitter who is used to getting your yarn at Michael’s or A.C. Moore, give the Knitter’s Cottage a try. If we don’t support the little shops, it won’t be long before only the big box stores remain. Think globally, knit locally.

Fun buttons:

No comments: